"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Friday, August 27, 2010

Some Clay Shaping

In the last few days since school started I have discovered two wonderful things.  1) I LOVE Premo polymer clay.  It has been said many times that different clays work well for different people, and I am a Premo girl, and 2nd) I love my new little clay shaper tool thingie ;).
Anywho, to show you what I mean, here is a little of what I've been up too. 
This one originally had a butterfly where the large flower is, but ending up not liking how the colors came out after being baked.  The colors were mixed with some premo translucent and the yellow ended up more translucent than the others which through the butterfly off.  Later today you will find this in my Etsy Shop.

I wore this one to school and got a number of compliments, which I can honestly say doesn't happen too often.  You really have to have a piece that stands out to receive compliments because sometimes people are afraid to say something unless it really catches their eye.  I haven't worn my other pieces yet though, so that could be why, haha!  I will be making similar ones like this with different flowers, butterflies, etch, and then listing them on Etsy with the option of having the name stamped, like pictured, for free.
This is my ode to the love of black.  This one has not been glossed yet, and I am thinking of covering it with a layer of resin to further protect the flowers and create a bit of dimension.  Then again, I may not.  What do you think?  Should it be given a protective resin cover or allowed to remain in it's 3D state?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!