"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Polymer Clay Adventure!

This will be part one of my adventure.  I call this part: Experiments!

All the jewelry makers in the world know that the best way to learn something like jewelry making and creating your own designs is to experiment.  Sure, you make mistakes, find out that so does not work, and find the things that work great.  I'm going to share my experiments with you as I go along and hopefully you as well as I will be able to see my progress. 

Ok, keep in mind I have the bare minimum in supplies right now; a little clay, some cookie cutters, an old rolling pin, some acrylic paint, sculpey glaze, a few texture sheets, and household objects that have become my new tools. 

The pics I have right now are kind of sucky because I can't find the charger to my camera, which is, no idea where.  Stuff happens eh!  So, I took some pics with my phone camera which is not even 2 mp, so, yeah, enough said on that.

This is my first earrings and necklace set I made.  Like I said, picture pooey, but you get the idea.  I don't have any liquid polymer clay yet, which I need, but for now I just painted some pictures on the black clay.  I will do more painting items as well, but I am more looking forward to sculpting cameo type flowers.  I know what tools I need, just need the money to get em. haha!
This is my first attempt at the millefiori technique.  I made a base white flower then put these green flowers on from a cane I made (my first) but my flowers came out looking more like leaves so it's a "many leaves" flower, ;).  I know what I did wrong, but hay, live and learn!  I haven't sanded it yet so it isn't all shiny and smooth, but I will when I buy sandpaper, wet/dry kind.

This is the front of my first attempt at using the texture makers thingies.  These came out pretty cool.  I haven't glazed them yet, but will soon.  The back is textured to so you can change what side you want.  ;).  These could have been better, but for a first timer they came out pretty good.
The back is harder to see in the pic, but if you look closely, you might be able to see the pattern.
There are some gold specks in there, ah well.  Anywho, now you see my beginner steps.  Comment, let me know what you think, if I have "promise" ;).  God Bless Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!