"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You Learn Something New Everyday!

I'm sure we have all heard the saying that "You learn something new everyday," but how many of us actually take that as fact. 

Learning is not just about what 5+5 is (it is 10), but rather taking a look at every situation you find yourself in and learning from what is around you or what you experience.

When I was younger I used to see a bunch of drunk people and people on drugs (thanks to the many Biker Rallies my family went to), and I learned by watching that I never wanted to be drunk (and never have).

When I would find myself in a situation that I didn't like or didn't like the way it made me feel, I learned to never repeat that situation.

We can learn by watching our words and the way they affect the people around us.

We can learn by each step we take.  What is the ripple effect of your steps?

When you are confused, stressed, or just plain blank, take a look around you and learn.


Some things I've learned recently:

When something is cool in my eyes my son disagrees.

Toddlers and cereal don't mix when said toddler is angry.

If it looks like it can be used to climb, my toddler will inevitably use it.

Don't ever forget about the avocados at the back of the pantry. (Shivers)

It is not wise to do biology experiments in your fridge (i.e. that month old jar of spaghetti sauce at the back that has a nice culture growing).

No matter what kind of bad hair day I am having, I must always be grateful it doesn't look like His!!



What have you learned today?





1 comment:

  1. LOL I had to laugh at Phil's hair!

    I learned today that the idea I had for making something should have followed it's original plan rather then the tweaked version! :-)

    Have a blessed day!

    <><

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!