"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Book Review: When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker

I decided a little while ago to start writing some Christian book reviews on my favorite Christian books.  One thing I've noticed amongst other Christians, is they don't always know what to read or what books will have that meat of Christianity in them vs the soft watered down stuff that can be found in some supposed "Christian fiction." 

First off, before I write this review, I want you to know that I only like Christian fiction that tells God for who He is.  I don't like watered-down Christianity.  Therefore, if a book is classified as true Christian fiction and I like it, it will have a God that is powerful, unstoppable, just, merciful, and just plain AWESOME because God is just that, down right AWESOME.

Okay, to my first review.  Let's just say I chose this book as my first review because it is the one that has spoken to me the most over the years.  I have read this book a few times.  If you want to know anything about God's great love for His children then this book will tell you something, and that something will be amazing.

To not give anything away, because I hate that, this book is about a man's journey from a very tragic and life-changing point in his life, through God showing him the answers he seeks, and finding something utterly amazing in the end.  I highly recommend When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!